After five highly successful Art Crawls, we are looking for commitments from artists, musicians and venues to take part in this year’s event.
Essential Participant Info
When is the event?
Saturday, September 22, 2018 from 6–10pm
What is it?
The Collingwood Art Crawl is a self-guided walking tour of downtown Collingwood’s retail and business sector where each participating venue has a visual artist and/or musical performer at their establishment. Visitors “attend” by walking around town and discovering each venue and what they have to offer. Our 2017 event grew to over 40 amazing venues, and this year’s Crawl promises to be better than ever.
- being part of the Art Crawl social media campaign
- having the opportunity to show and sell your artwork or musical releases during the event (and better yet, the Art Crawl doesn’t take a commission on your sales)
Responsibility of artists & musicians:
- liase with assigned venue to coordinate number and size of pieces. Also the requirements for displaying artwork. If you don’t have a venue, we will find one for you.
- ensure the safe display of artwork and that it is up and ready prior to the start of the event.
- to be at your venue to meet guests for the duration of the evening.
- we recommend having a way of accepting payment for any sales as well as a means of collecting contact information for follow up.
- the safe removal of artwork as agreed upon by you and the venue.
Responsibility of venues
- be ready to go by 6:00 pm
- provide suitable space for an artist and their display and/or
- provide space for a musician
- optional light refreshments (see application form PDF for details)
- promote the event to your customers and networks!
DEADLINES to apply:
Artists: August 15, 2018
Musicians: June 15, 2018
Venues: May 31, 2018
Choose how you would like to participate: