After six highly successful Art Crawls, we are looking for commitments from artists, musicians and venues to take part in this year’s event.
Essential Participant Info
When is the event?
Saturday, September 21, 2019 from 5–9pm
What is it?
The Collingwood Art Crawl is a self-guided walking tour of downtown Collingwood’s retail and business sector where each participating venue has a visual artist and/or musical performer at their establishment. Visitors “attend” by walking around town and discovering each venue and what they have to offer. Our 2018 event featured 40 venues, over 40 artists and 40 musicians.
- being part of the Art Crawl social media campaign
- having the opportunity to show and sell your artwork or musical releases during the event (and better yet, the Art Crawl doesn’t take a commission on your sales)
Responsibility of artists & musicians:
- liase with your assigned venue to coordinate number and size of pieces, and the requirements for displaying artwork. You will be assigned a venue and provided with the contact name and number.
- ensure the safe display of artwork and that it is up and ready prior to the start of the event.
- be at your venue to meet guests for the duration of the evening.
- be prepared to accept payment for any sales and to collect contact information for follow up.
- the safe removal of artwork as agreed upon by you and the venue.
Responsibility of venues
- be ready to go by 5:00 pm
- provide suitable space for an artist and their display and/or
- provide space for a musician
- optional light refreshments (see application form PDF for details)
- promote the event to your customers and networks!
DEADLINES to apply:
Artists: August 23, 2019
Musicians: June 21, 2019
Venues: April 15, 2019
Choose how you would like to participate: